R + D + I is an essential part of the activity of GMA. Over recent years it has carried out various research projects.
- 2007-2010. CENIT project “ACUISOST” Towards Sustainable Aquaculture. Funded by the CDTI. Budget: € 519.73. national strategic consortium of 25 companies and 20 public research centers which combine their efforts to develop a project whose general objectives are to include the development and evaluation of raw materials, technologies and systems in the aquaculture sector covering areas such as aquaculture nutrition, biosecurity, marketing products with high added value, food safety and the minimization and revaluation of products that promote sound and sustainable aquaculture production.
- 2012-2014. Innovation in processes for the development of a new aquaculture species in recirculation systems. I2C program Xunta de Galicia. Ref: IN841C 2012/119. Budget: € 915.43. Obtaining optimal nutrients for larval development phase Hatchery (benthic diatoms and biofilms), formulations of adaptive artificial diets for weaning and pre-fattening phase for specific Abalone farming systems semicerrrados. Stages of development in which the highest mortality rates are manifested animal and on it has been necessary to carry out the current project to make possible intensive farming in recirculation system at an industrial level.
- 2012-2015. Plan development of a sustainable system of intensive cultivation of gastropods in a semi-closed system. CABANAS project. Technological Development Project funded CDTI. Ref: IDI-20130175. Budget: € 627.00. The aim of the project is the optimization of the growth curve in intensive farming abalone, with affordable costs and with minimal environmental impact: Developments to minimize mortality rates in critical phases, generating seed throughout the year bound for an intensive culture system recirculation reduce growing time needed to reach commercial size and achieve continued growth throughout the year. The project aims to provide answers to the 3 main technological challenges to be overcome to optimize the industrial cultivation of abalone in semi-closed system: low growth, high mortality and low feed conversions.
- 2013-2014. Sea cucumbers, new marine resource Galicia (HOLOGAL), funded by the ERDF Interconnects program. Budget: € 320,019. The main objective is finding mechanisms that allow enhancement of sea cucumber by the fishing and processing sector of Galicia, as a strategy for finding new business solutions to reverse the sustainability of the sector, from a environmentally and economically. Focused on the cultivation of sea cucumbers (forskali and P. regalis), the company carried out experiences of acclimatization of players, induced spawning and larval rearing, including the generation of diatom biofilms for the settlement of the postlarvae.
- 2015-2017: Measurement System Real-Time Pathogen based on SERS. AQUASERS project. ERDF-funded program interconnects. Ref: EXP – 00082785 / ITC-20151171. Budget: € 287. Development of a novel generation of biosensors, based on the combined use of Nanochemistry, molecular recognition and bio-functionalization, and improve the surface Raman scattering spectroscopy (SERS). a highly innovative, interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary approach that seeks to implement practical manufacturing processes of devices portable detection with unique capabilities for on-site, accurate and real-time parasitic and bacterial pathogens causing the diseases measurements raised fish is presented aquaculture facilities.